On-screen character Hugh Jackman says the COVID-19 pandemic has had a "staggering" sway on Broadway.

"What a great many people don't comprehend is that it presumably (takes) seven years to get to their first see," variety.com cited Jackman as saying.

"I comprehend the stuff to get a melodic fully operational and going, the measure of work that goes into it. It's simply annihilating," he included.



Jackman is ready to star in "The Music Man". They intend to begin practices soon.

"I talk with (maker) Scott Rudin each other day and we're because of start practices on June 29 and that hasn't changed," Jackman said in a scene of the Variety and iHeart webcast "The Big Ticket".

"Our first see is September 15. Obviously, we'll need to perceive what occurs. In any case, at present, that is as yet the arrangement," he included.

Jackman, who has won two Tonys and facilitated Broadway's greatest night multiple times, noticed that 16 creations should open in time for 2020 Tony qualification before COVID-19 flare-up. The Tonys have been formally deferred.

Jackman and his better half Deborra-Lee Furness are following stay-at-home requests at their loft in New York with their kids. They are investing their energy doing jigsaw perplexes and testing in the kitchen. Jackman said that he made low-carb bread.

"(It) sounds downright terrible, isn't that so? It seems as though what's the point?. What's more, I have attempted it two or multiple times when I've been on Wolverine diet. In any case, I had somebody in my home who resembles, 'I'm attempting to eat less carbs.' I'm similar to, OK, we should see. Furthermore, I discovered this thing and it was really yummy," he said.